Park Lane Nursery is are a not for profit Australian Disability Enterprise auspiced by Merriwa Industries providing training, employment and social inclusion opportunities for people of all abilities in our community.
We are proud to employ a team of people from all backgrounds and abilities, creating an inclusive and fun environment for everyone to be a part of.
Nursery Hand – Park Lane Nursery (Part Time or Full Time):
Park Lane Nursery is an award-winning Division of Merriwa. The nursery employees an all abilities workforce of over 25 people, specialising in the production of quality plants, operating a thriving retail Garden Centre, and delivering garden maintenance and tree planting services.
The Nursery Hand position will contribute to the creation of a work environment that embraces diversity, all abilities employment, and where team members feel respected and have purpose. The role of the Nursery Hand is to assist with plant propagation, plant care, and general nursery duties in line with the classification.
You will have:
- Values that align with Merriwa’s Purpose and Dream
- Relevant Horticulture qualification
- Chemical users certificate
- Ability to take direction and complete tasks in a timely manner
- Willingness to learn
- Ability to complete repetitive tasks with a positive outlook
- Ability to complete work that may be physically demanding
- Work indoors and outdoors
- Use and care for tools and equipment
- Driver License
- Be willing to obtain NDIS Worker Screener Check
We will offer you:
- A work environment that places significant value on personal growth, respect, dignity and diversity
- A rewarding role
- The opportunity to join an organisation that continues to grow and invest in its people and its future
This position is a part-time role. The successful candidate will be required to undergo mandatory checks as required. Base location of the role will be in Park Lane, Wangaratta. Access the position description here: Nursery Hand – PLN Position Description
In your application you will need to submit a covering letter, provide a current resume, and outline why you are the most suitable candidate for the role.
Applications close on Sunday 17 April 2022. Please email your Application to: [email protected]